Sunday 18 March 2012

Plugging Tires?

Question by Craig C: Plugging Tires?
I just plugged my 1st tire these days given that i decided to do it myself. I utilized to spend the neighborhood mechanic $ five.00 to plug it until he raised his rate to $ 10.00 per tire plugged. It was not that hard of a job. The only discomfort in the butt was reaming the hole to prepare for plugging. I had to ream the hole a bunch of instances just so i can get the hole wide enough to plug it. Can i use a drill to widen the hole intead of utilizing the reamer? I know not to use a drill bit that is not as well large otherwise the tire may possibly leak once again.


Finest answer:

Answer by Stampy Skunk
No, dont use a drill, just push the reamer by way of as soon as, then put the plug in. I have completed about a dozen plugs this way and they by no means leak, if you ream the hole too much the plug will leak.



Add your personal answer in the comments!

Orignal From: Plugging Tires?

No comments:

Post a Comment