Wednesday 14 March 2012

Is this an anal gland issue?

Question by Sarah S: Is this an anal gland concern?
My dog has been pooping fine except I notice it is pulling and he struggled a small. He is not pooping small balls so I don't think he is constipated. I have by no means had his anal glands emptied but I wonder if this is what wants to be done.

He is NOT scooting on the floor and he doesn't lick his butt. He licks his fur everywhere else even though. He's not wanting to consume and hasn't pooped but these days which is not regular for him.

I don't want to pay the vet's office visit if it is just the glands. I can take him to the groomer for $ 10 as an alternative.

I do not need individuals to tell me to take him to the vet, I will when I really feel ready or if it is needed. I just want to know what other people think it could be.
by pulling I mean that his butt is stretching out genuinely far. I guess stretching is the word I should use.


Finest answer:

Answer by mups mom
i'd be doing a visual check around back finish and under tail for poop stuck to fur....scooting is the main sign for anal sacs...if he has had soft stools for a couple of days they might be filling up nonetheless.



What do you assume? Answer beneath!

Orignal From: Is this an anal gland issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment