Thursday 15 March 2012

can you tell the diff in the faces of the balls?

Question by : can you tell the diff in the faces of the balls?
these are my two ball pythons and im fairly sure the darker one is male and the lighter one is female cuz the darker ones horns around his anal opening are alot larger than the lighter ones horns and they are illegal in my state so i cant take them to the vet

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/lacey_renee_93/my%20babies/?action=view&existing=luciferandbaby.jpg


Greatest answer:

Answer by Melvin
A quote from http://www.vpi.com/publications/figuring out_the_sex_of_snakes:

"In most of the boas, pythons and sandboas, the spur is utilised by the males in the course of courtship to stimulate and position the females. In most of the species of the Boidae, the spur of the male is reasonably larger, thicker at the base, and with a far more pronounced inward hook. Nonetheless, adult males use their spurs vigorously and for extended periods during courtship and combat, oftentimes the spurs of males are worn, the suggestions missing, and they might seem as in fact smaller than the less-utilized spurs of females."

I suggest you go there and read the text that follows it to read the caveats. I did not want to post it right here, since I don't want to steal their thunder. The rest is fascinating for me. As a kid, I wanted to be a herpetologist. Then, I found out how significantly they make. Your fascination may possibly differ -)



Give your answer to this question beneath!

Orignal From: can you tell the diff in the faces of the balls?

No comments:

Post a Comment