Sunday 4 September 2011

Why won't music sync to my iPod? And other questions.?

Question by Jeweled Citrus: Why won't music sync to my iPod? And other questions.?
I recently got a 16GB iPod nano for my birthday. I downloaded iTunes and got about 300+ songs added to the iPod in one shot. I'm also in the approach of saving all my music to my laptop - I just let Windows Media Player rip the cd. Also, I had a folder with tons of odd songs, which I then organized into seperate folders.

When I plug in my iPod, it says syncing for a couple of seconds then ok to disconnect. It doesn't upload any of the new music I've put on the laptop. Also, upon opening iTunes, I get an error message saying it cannot copy files to the iPod simply because it cannot locate them - this is the folder of odd songs that I had organized.

I was rather fustrated (and a small drunk) and so I decided to restore the iPod to the factory settings and reinstall all of the music. Yeah, that bit me in the butt - now I'm back where I started but with about 100 songs less (that odd folder that iTunes now can't locate).

I've also tried doing it manually, by dragging the files to the device. It's working, but it is also a massive discomfort in the butt since I've got to figure out what songs are already on there, which ones were in that odd folder, and what albums I've ripped to the laptop.

Does any individual know how to... 1. Get iTunes to recognize that I've added new music to the laptop and to sync it to my iPod, and two. Get it to recognize that the 100 odd songs are still on the laptop, just in different locations?

This is my first iPod, and I'm feeling rather dumb appropriate now so please be nice! Lol. Thanks in advance!
P.S. Also, how do I delete songs on my iPod? There's a few duplicates and some songs that I just can't believe I ever listened to.


Ideal answer:

Answer by What!
first you need to import the music you imported to WMP shouldve used itunes for that
next instead of making a new folder with the music import cd's to itunes and create a new playlist from your library and drag those songs into the playlist



What do you believe? Answer below!

Orignal From: Why won't music sync to my iPod? And other questions.?

No comments:

Post a Comment