Monday 23 January 2012

Q&A: How do you other parents deal with this?

Question by Mary: How do you other parents deal with this?
Okay, I've got to vent. I've got three kids(twin b/g three yr olds and a 19 mon old boy), and I have to put every thing up high exactly where they cannot touch it. I reside in base housing and we only have 3 bedrooms. Our personal computer and our added tv are both in the livingroom with our other television, result in our bedroom is way too tiny for either a single, and our kitchen is so tiny that our kitchen table is in the livingroom too. I in fact had to put the other tv and our laptop or computer in a corner and use a huge play area fenced to block it from the kids. There is no gate to it, so we have to step over it to get to the computer, television, and our other game systems. I wanted to put a tall floor fan in the kids' bedrooms, but I can't. They do not listen, and will touch the fan, attempt to put their fingers in it, will turn it on and off repeatedly, or pull the plug out of the wall. I've tried plugging it behind a dresser, but they pull the cord. I've popped their hand and butts, put them in time out, and tried explaining why not to touch the fan The tall fan is now in the livingrom in our"fenced in region", so they cannot touch it.They do not listen. No form of punishmnet or explanation functions. So now I want to put a medium sized fan (black/yellow with a manage and two outlets) in the boys' space, but the fan is too heavy for a wall shelf and the dresser is brief adequate that my three yr olds can reach the on/off button). So now I'm going to have to get a shelf from walmart that can stand on the dresser. Its a single of those shelves that is two huge squares which can be portion of an entire massive shelf or bookcase, if you decide on to acquire all of the pieces. I had to do that in my daughter's room, and her dresser is taller than theirs, but not tall enough. Anyway I'm just sick of getting to devote much more time and funds just to get one basic factor done. I'm tired of continually getting to be super creative. I in fact had to take the ceiling light bulbs out of the kids' since my oldest son wouldn't quit turning the lights on and off. I lastly put them back in soon after 9 months, so he does not don't forget them getting in there now. I don't know what I'm going to do as they get taller and older. This is all so frustrating. I'm obtaining my daughter tested for Autism, and I assume my oldest son has ADD since of some significant stuff he does, his behavior, and his attitude, then I've got my 19 mon old who tries to mimic them each, and they all commence mimcing each other. So its very hard finding by means of any of them and producing them behave. How do other parents deal with a situation like this? Any other people have kids this close in age who do not listen and act this way?
Oh and my kids have a table lamp in every space on the dressers. They are just tall enough to maintain the children from reaching the on/off button, and up against the wall so they catch reach the cords. So that is why I was in a position to take out the celing lights.


Greatest answer:

Answer by fcm703
If it helps any, you have my depest sympathy.
One day all too soon they will be grownups.
Hang in there...



Know much better? Leave your personal answer in the comments!

Orignal From: Q&A: How do you other parents deal with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment