Tuesday 24 January 2012

Is it okay to plug an air conditioner into a power strip?

Question by Andrew: Is it okay to plug an air conditioner into a power strip?
Is it okay to plug an air conditioner into a power strip? I have a single plug beneath my desk that makes use of a power strip which my laptop or computer runs off of. Is it okay for me to add an air conditioner to this strip? I've heard that air conditioners are not supposed to be in power strips but I have no other selection.

Andrew
Thanks for the aid everyone. Looks like it's not going on the power strip.


Best answer:

Answer by MaintenanceMan
I would not leave it operating if you are not house.
It could overload the circuit and cause a fire.
Actually you need to have a plug installed.



Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: Is it okay to plug an air conditioner into a power strip?

No comments:

Post a Comment