Saturday 7 January 2012

My 9 year old bird is scratching his butt?

Question by ™♥LoVe♥: My 9 year old bird is scratching his butt?
My 9 year old cockatiel does this factor where he sits on his cage and rubs his butt back and forth and the edge of his cage. He just started doing it about a month ago. I'm concerned because Its all he does all day long and If you come near him although he's carrying out it, he will charge at you and try to bite you and he turn into quite territorial.Is this typical behavior? I've tried to get him to play with his other toys but he doesn't. Do you have any suggestions of toys that I could acquire for him that he may like?


Finest answer:

Answer by sweetroll
There is a significant oil gland on the back of your birds tail that may be clogged and is irritating him.
A vet who knows birds will be in a position to tell. It can get infected.
Birds with health troubles can be aggressive due to the fact they do not feel well.



Add your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: My 9 year old bird is scratching his butt?

No comments:

Post a Comment