Friday 29 April 2011

Does this seem like a good chapter or a good book?

Question by The Walrus: Does this seem like a great chapter or a good book?
Effectively, initial off, let me state that I do not own Percy Jackson & The Olympians and that I am merely borrowing ideas from Rick Riordan. If this book ever does get published, I'll make sure to have complete permission from him.

My book follows the adventures of Brian Campbell, a 13 year old son of Poseidon from California, as he attempts to get safely across the country to Camp Half-Blood. It sort of takes place about the same time as The Lost Hero, but mine takes place in September-June, whereas The Lost Hero may possibly take place throughout summer.

This chapter is the 1st one of the book. Notice that it's short. That's simply because it's a rough draft. Don't put that in your answer. I will make it longer as soon as I have everything for it. If you have a good concept for it, tell me. Every person in the book is my actual life friend, I do go to that school, I do live there, and I do support take care of the chickens.







Chapter 1: A Broken Hose Talks To Me


Let me give you a few words of suggestions. If you think you are a half-blood, stop reading, get rid of this book, and don't ever feel about it again. You've been warned.

I started out a normal 13 year old in a pretty massive city near Los Angeles. I wore glasses, had a couple of freckles, I was a bit chubby. I had a regular home in a normal neighborhood with some normal dogs and a typical sister and regular parents. Well, that's what I had thought. If I could decide on my biggest mistake, it would be going to Grove. See, Grove was a Jr and Sr High School. The High School was normal sufficient, but the Middle School was, properly, a farm. I mean, that wasn't the issue, but it should've tipped me off. I stayed out of trouble for my 1st two years, but 9th grade was trouble. See, unlike most schools, 9th grade was at the Middle School, so I had one a lot more year to last by means of before I would be just a bit safer. I had a few pals. Isaac was 1 of them. He was sort of weird, but very serious as nicely. He was 15 simply because he had waited a year to start off school, so he was extremely intelligent, but at the very same time still acted like a kid when he wanted. An additional one of my friends was Stan. He was only in 7th grade, but I'd known him for longer. He was really cool and was pretty well-known, even although he walked with a limp. He could run fairly rapidly but walked slowly due to the fact of some muscle disease or some thing. My other friend Peter and I fought a lot, but often seemed to remain friends. He was pretty stubborn, but then again, so was I. I had one more friend named Leo. He seemed truly interested in Greek mythology for some reason. I mean, he was the sort of teenager than ought to never be given as much as a freshly sharpened pencil. He was nice at times, and wasn't typically violent, but when he necessary too, he could some serious butt. He was sort of a rule breaker, but had a way of staying out of trouble. Regardless of whether it was playing poker till midnight on a school campout or playing games on his iPod throughout class, Leo could get away with most anything. Nicely, that changed soon sufficient.

My trouble actually began about two weeks into school. I was doing PE, which at Grove, was farmwork. It was my job to take care of the chickens. I had to feed them, wash their eggs, and make certain their water was filled and not filled with mud and poop. I got some feed and was able to get my way by way of the crowd of them and to the feeder. There weren't any eggs, so I went to check on the water, when I noticed the hose connected to it was leaking. I was about to go get something to plug it up, but when I turned about, I heard an individual say, "O goddess, accept my offering." When I turned around, by way of the rainbow developed by the spray of water, an image of a guy appeared. He looked around 18, with an orange T-Shirt that read "Camp Half-Blood" on it. It had what looked like a Flying Horse on it. In his hand was a enormous golden sword that had some Greek letters on it that I somehow knew spelled "Anaklusmos." He had shaggy black hair that was sort of lengthy, like it hadn't been cut in a even though, but it had a gray streak in it. Just before I could ask who he was or how I saw him, he sighed in relief.
"Brian! Thank the gods! This is quite essential and you have to listen!"
I said something genius like, "How did, but the, rainbows?"
"No time for questions! I want your help! You need to get to Camp Half-Blood by next summer! Bring your friends! Particularly Stan! It is in Long Island, so it'll take a although. Don't attempt flying, due to the fact Zeus isn't in the greatest mood. Just get to New York by next summer! I didn't want to have to tell you this, but I need to brother. You are the son of Poseidon, so if I were you, I'd study up on Ancient Greece. Oh, and this is vitally crucial! Don't trust..." Something came at him from the side, and his sword slashed the image in two and it disappeared. With that, I was alone in the chicken pen, as the son of the Sea God.
Oh my...I created new characters in a new location with a new plot and new point of view with new troubles that had a two paragraph cameo of an old character just to give my character the mission. I had to feature Percy simply because, I mean, he's my character's brother. I can't just leave him out. And I am not a son of Poseidon because of that. I've loved water my entire life and I planned to write a book about me being the son of Poseidon before Percy Jackson even came out.
I don't actually see how...I did change the plot. I mean, completely diverse plot. My book is about a half-blood going across the country to try and get to camp. His book is about a half-blood who is accused of stealing Zeus's Master Bolt and he has to go across the country and back in a week to stop war. How are they the very same? I am utilizing some thing from PJO, like Camp Half-Blood and Percy, but Percy will only be in 2 Chapters, and Camp will only be in the last chapter. The characters are totally distinct. Granted, they are similar, and have a couple of of the same concepts, but the differences are greater. Also, do not tell me to change the grammar and spelling if you can't use proper grammar or right spelling yourself. This is a very short rough draft, so of course the dialogue won't make a lot of sense at first. I have to get all that via. The message itself will be 2 or 3 pages in the actual chapter, so it will be fixed. Does anybody have any new suggestions they can add to this?


Very best answer:

Answer by That Random Beeeotch
just before i even read it i WILL let you know, published or not, this is copy right and wrong

and i dont see the distinction of percy jackson and this chapter... u changed about a few words. I dont understand your point of writing a book that already exists...

edit:
I comprehend, I am just saying it sounds specifically the exact same and is pretty much plagiarism.

if you want to make a book like percy jackson, you can but dont write the precise same things, make it various but still in the percy jackson world with camp half blood and stuff.... if that makes sense? sorry im terrible at explaining things



Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: Does this seem like a good chapter or a good book?

No comments:

Post a Comment