Thursday 14 July 2011

Q&A: Help! Bloated female betta with white "spot" on her butt!?

Question by Joelle: Support! Bloated female betta with white "spot" on her butt!?
I have a 15 gallon cycled tank, heated to 78 degrees, filtered, with 10 little female bettas in it who get along wonderfully (no bullying). For the most component there have been no troubles. I have had the tank running for nicely over a year, and have had 3 fish pass in that time, mostly new-comers. Far more lately one of the older fish passed away and I located her with a modest bite taken out of her neck. I removed her and did a 50% water alter.

Yesterday I went to check on the ladies and discovered one of them Massive. Entirely swollen! I had 1 male fish get swim bladder a couple of years ago from constipation, so I began aiming towards that direction. I moved her to a modest bowl with 1/8 tsp of aquarium salt & a bit of a pea, which she ate part of. Last night it looked like she couldn't move her proper fin, but these days she appears to be performing fine... however she has a large white "thing" coming out of her anus. It looks like a small plug. I don't feel it is a poo, and it's not ick. What could this be? She has only eaten pellet food (minus the pea, and POSSIBLY component of the fish that passed last week). I want to make sure that I'm not missing something and I'm treating this as very best I can! Thank you in advance for any support / suggestions!
Thank you for your support therefore far... nonetheless it is been over a full day, which is why I'm concerned. I just checked on her and she's still swimming around fine, but I want to know what actions I may possibly have neglected or can try.

And I know that bettas are carnivorous & freshwater, but every of the web sites I've visited says that adding a bit of aquarium salt can help reduce swelling.

Also, there are no males in the tank. Can females lay eggs with out male fertilization?


Best answer:

Answer by Ryan Locomo
Wait a couple of hours/days. See if she can fully eraticate(get rid of) that. Its most likely the fish that passed. (im sorry for your loss)



What do you feel? Answer below!

Orignal From: Q&A: Help! Bloated female betta with white "spot" on her butt!?

No comments:

Post a Comment