Tuesday 12 July 2011

My cat is eating her fur by her butt/tail?? FELIWAY?

Question by Jackie: My cat is eating her fur by her butt/tail?? FELIWAY?
My cat has been eating her fur by her butt and her tail. I heard it could be Psychogenic Alopecia. Could that be it? What else could it be? I heard that Feliway can support. Is that accurate? Does Feliway work? Does Feliway have an effect on my other cat I have in the residence? Does feliway have an effect on humans? Where need to I plug in Feliway? How does Feliway function? How lengthy until I see a alter in my cats behavior? Do I keep it pugged in all the time even if my cat is not in the room?

I give lots of love and attention to my cat(do not we all?!) Infact... most likely way too considerably. She does not mind it although...She loves it. So I don't see how it could be Psychogenic Alopecia and I play with her all the time too(she love strings) and its not like there has been a key change in her life or a new individual or loss or a alter in housing or anything...it just started happining randomly. She doesn't fight with the other cat, only for fun....but they sleep together and clean every single other and stuff so its not like they have territory problems or hate every single other, they have lived with every single other their entire lives(we got them together from ADOPT when they were very young, the minimum age you can adopt them, and have lived with every single other ever since)

any suggestions??


Finest answer:

Answer by LVTchick
Usually if they are biting their fur on their back near the tail area it is flea allergies. It only takes a single flea bite to cause an allergic reaction in some cats. I recommend employing a flea prevention yr round for kitties w/ flea allergies. Please get these at a vets office and not from Wal-Mart or a pet store. OTC flea prevention can kill cats. If the itching doesn't get better she'll need to have to go to the vet for a steroid shot. Hope this helps



What do you think? Answer below!

Orignal From: My cat is eating her fur by her butt/tail?? FELIWAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment