Tuesday 12 July 2011

300zx lacks power and vibrates at idling.?

Question by Calvin N: 300zx lacks power and vibrates at idling.?
This auto vibrates at idling and at times it desires to die. If I give it a small gas the engine revs without hesitation, but really feel like it looses power. At 2000 rpm the engine rumbles vigorously, but smooths out soon after 3000 rpm. This engine is a replacement from japan. The crank angle sensor was also replaced with the engine. A couple of weeks ago I took the auto to the shop that put in the engine, he diagnosed the auto and told me that the coil packs were poor that is the currents are leaking. He also said that I necessary to replace the spark plugs. I took the automobile home and examine the spark plugs which I replaced 6 months ago, but they appear fine (regular wear, a little black residue). I also replaced some of the coil packs I've got from the old engine but that didn't do anything. I suspected that perhaps 1 of the fuel injector is bad so to test the fuel injector I put a flat head screw driver on best of the fuel injector brackets and I can hear them twaking...but far more apparent from injector three-6. In addition, I also replaced O2 sensors which was a pain in the butt to take out but the dilemma still persist. I want like to fix every little thing I can just before taking the car to a mechanic. I am hoping that there's someone out here with similar problems or familiar with 300zx vehicles can present me some help. I am tired and desperate so any support is appreciated. Thanks..
I don't know if the engine involved in any accidents but i was running fine prior to. I also install a new exhaust so there is no leaks.
Perhaps sputter is a lot more accurate than lacking power.


Best answer:

Answer by Burberry
This is usually the result of the car becoming in an accident. Lack of power normally indicates exhaust leak for me. I'm not positive about yours. Is your automobile a salvage title?



What do you believe? Answer below!

Orignal From: 300zx lacks power and vibrates at idling.?

No comments:

Post a Comment